- Sat, Dec 22Avani Event CentreYalda Gala 2018You are cordially invited to join us in celebration of Yalda 2018 with your family and friends at elegant Avani Banquet Hall on Saturday, December 22nd, 2018. This event is organized by "Fanni-Ontario", "MOHANDES" & “Sharif University of Technology Association (SUTA)".
- Tue, Jun 12Heintzman House3D PrintingIn this presentation, Dr. Faranak Shojaee will describe "3D Printing / Additive Manufacturing, The Next Industrial Revolution?". This technology is considered a disruptive technology which introduces significant changes in many aspects of our lives in the coming decades.
- Tue, Apr 10Heintzman HouseLife, Love, & Identity for a Canadian ImmigrantIt’s not easy to integrate into Western culture, upgrading our education and trying to surrender our familiar lifestyle. But we do it to reach long-term goals or offer more opportunities to our children. Often, we can become ...
- Sat, Mar 24Avani Banquet HallNowRuz 2018 GalaNowruz is around the corner. Fanni Ontario and Suta (Sharif University of Technology Association) in coordination with Kanoon Mohandes are celebrating this memorable event on Saturday Mar. 24. To buy your ticket please contact Mr Afshari 416-931-6005. (See below for more options)
- Tue, Feb 13Heintzman HouseDifferent states of our BrainHow the brain connectivity will change in different states of focused-waking, relax-waking and different stages of sleep. The difference between the stress-straining correlations depends on the kinetics level of the strain energy going around within the brain.
- Tue, Jan 09Heintzman HouseNew vision, New Mindset, New Language for Improved PerformanceIn this interactive short mental journey, we will explore the necessity of becoming a Performer to achieve Balance and Equilibrium between Head and Hearth required for Sustainability and Happiness in family, work and life.
- Tue, Dec 12The Thornhill ClubMentorship and Career Development ProgramFanni Ontario is pleased to start a "Mentorship and Career Development Program" as a part of the monthly gathering events. This program will be introduced in more details in the upcoming gathering on December 12th and will be from 8:00 pm-8:30 pm along with the open networking time of all attendees.
- Tue, Dec 12The Thornhill ClubSmall Business Tax ChangesThere are significant changes to the Income Tax Act proposed by the Liberal Government that would affect small businesses and was a subject of great discussion and opposition by the business community. The topic of this month’s gathering by Mr. Tavana is related to these changes.
- Tue, Nov 14The Thornhill Gulf ClubAnnual General Meeting 2017 Fanni OntarioAnnual General Meeting of Fanni Ontario will be held on Nov. 14, 2017 at Thornhill Golf Club from 6-9 pm. Once a year we get together to hear what we have done so far and what we want to accomplish in the year ahead and nominate or vote for our candidates.
- Tue, Oct 107994 Yonge StMechanized Tunnelling for Transit Expansion in TorontoToronto transit expansion is one of the hot topics of interest for many people living in GTA who wish more efficient public transit. The topic of this month’s gathering by Dr. Hossein Bidhendi is related to the safe execution of such projects.
FANNI ONTARIO GATHERING, TUESDAY SEPT. 12, 2017
When: 6:00 pm – 9:00 pm
Where: Thornhil Golf & Country Club, 7994 Yonge St.
Free parking and refreshments are provided for attendees.
LOSS OF A DEAR FRIEND
Mr. Alireza Vaziri
It is with deepest sadness, to inform you that Mr. Alireza Amin Vaziri, our friend and former board member of Fanni Ontario, passed away on Nov. 8th, 2017.
We would like to express our sincere condolence to his family and friends for this great loss.
Robot Learning and Control System Design and Implementation
using Soft-Computing Techniques
(Fuzzy Logic and Neural Networks)
By Dr Meysar Zeinali
Learning is an essential component of intelligent control systems and robot learning is going to be a key ingredient for the future of robotics.
The focus of the presentation will be on two main components of soft-computing techniques which are Fuzzy Logic-Based modeling and Neural Networks-based modeling, to build advanced and
Dr. Zeinali Bio
Dr. Meysar Zeinali received his Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering from Queen's University, Kingston, ON, the MSc degree in aerospace engineering from Sharif University of Technology and BSc degree in mechanical engineering from Tehran University. He was a Postdoctoral Fellow in the Mechanical and Mechatronics Engineering Department of the University of Waterloo prior to join the Laurentian University and currently he is an Associate Professor in the School of Engineering at Laurentian University.
Professor Zeinali is a member of IEEE, ASME, and a member of the editorial board of the International Journal of
Advanced Robotics Systems. He is an expert in robotics, robust intelligent control systems design, complex systems modeling, and has developed a new adaptive robust control method, and a systematic neuro-fuzzy modeling method.
Talk: Low Back Pain - Reasons, Preventions, Early Treatment by Dr. Manoochehr Shakeri
For month of August the topic of our interest is related to health and physical well-being that many of us are concerned about. Summer is full of opportunities for being physically active and the question is how we can stay active and back pain-free for a long time.
Free parking and refreshments are provided for attendees.
Dr. Manoochehr Shakeri
Former Treasurer and Secretary of Iranian Neurosurgical Association
Dr. Manoochehr Shakeri has recently retired from practicing Neurosurgery in Iran after 35 years of practice.
Dr. Shakeri has performed more than 5,000 back surgeries along the way of treating more than 42,000 patients from all over Iran and the neighboring countries as far as Afghanistan, Iraq, Dubai, Tajikistan, and Azerbaijan. He has gained further extensive experience via serving in the battle zone hospitals during Iran - Iraq war.
Talk: Character Strength by Mr. Omid Alaei
Tuesday, June 13, 2017, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Omid Alaei has M.S. in Operational Research, Certificate in Psychology, Certificate of Applied Positive Psychology and Certificate of Positive Psychology Coaching Interventions. Omid has practiced transformational coaching for more than 10 years. He has acted as seminar director and speaker for personal /organizational development topics such as negotiation skills, effective communication, Transactional Analysis (TA),Cognitive Behavior Modification (CBM) & environmental psychology.
Tuesday, June 13
March 18, 2017
Let's celebrate Nowruz 1396 together (All tickets are sold out!)
Fanni Ontario is organizing Nowruz Event in affiliation with Suta and Mohandes in Thornhill Club on March 18.
Ticket price: $85
Ticket price includes a welcome reception with appetizers, a 3 course dinner and two bottles of wine on each table plus all night entertainment, music and dance.
Free parking is available at the Thornhill Club.
You can purchase your tickets from Mr Abghari - Phone 647-996-0703.
Payment Options: Cash or e-transfer to
Please note tickets are sold on "First come, first serve" basis, so please get your ticket asap to make sure we don't miss you in our celebration.
Dec, 23, 2016
New look and feel
As you have noticed already, you are looking at our completely new website designed from ground up. Please navigate different sections of our site and let us know what you would like to see more. We love to have your feedbacks and improve our site.
Check our weblog for more information.
Feb, 15 2017
Mark Your Calendar (Updated)
Our first event in 2017 is set for Feb 15 (a day after Valentine's day). The topic is Amazon.com Success Story.
Did you know Amazon is offering more than 1000+ services and controls %90 of the market in Platform as a Service (PAAS)?
Amazon vision for success will be the main focus of the talk.
Check Registration section below for more information.